OPPORTUNITY TO SERVE YOUR TOWNS AND CITIES
SPECIAL ADMINISTRATORS – MUNICIPAL COUNCILS
Exciting opportunities to lead change and improve local government outcomes
Steer Fiji’s vision for the future of Municipal Councils
Lead Stakeholder Engagements through Relationship Excellence
Develop and Beautify Towns and Cities by recognizing the needs of the communities
The Ministry of Local Government is inviting Expression of Interests from individuals as Special
Administrators for any of the following Municipal Councils:
(1) Suva City Council (2) Lautoka City Council (3) Lami Town Council (4) Ba Town Council (5)
Nausori Town Council (6) Nasinu Town Council (7) Labasa Town Council (8) Savusavu Town
Council (9) Sigatoka Town Council (10) Nadi Town Council (11) Rakiraki Town Council (12) Tavua
Town Council (13) Levuka Town Council.
About the Role
We are seeking dynamic, professional and accomplished leaders to join our Municipal Councils
as Special Administrators to lead and guide the delivery of the local government services.
This position is exceptional and provides opportunity for result-oriented persons with strategic
outlook. This is for persons who have experience in leadership and managing projects, with an
excellent record of business transformation and change management.
The appointee shall recognise the importance of organisational leadership and continually looks
for new and collaborative approaches to fulfilling the Council’s strategic goals. The Special
Administrators will report to the Minister for Local Government and will work with the
Permanent Secretary and the Ministry of Local Government. The Special Administrator will
provide the Chief Executive Officer of the Municipal Council leadership and guidance to advance
all Municipal Council services.
About the Person
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Urban Planning and Environment, Legal,
Economics, Finance or Accounting or equivalent qualifications.
2. Knowledge, Experience, Skills and Abilities: At least two or more of the following areas
are required to successfully undertake the role:
a) Civic Engagement;
b) Finance Management;
c) Business Management;
d) Urban Management and Environment;
e) Economic/Town Planning and Development;
f) Organisation Development; and
g) Infrastructure Development and Project Management.
3. Reasonable experience in the work of Municipal Councils would be advantageous.
4. An innovative and business savvy leader with the knowledge of the broader Fijian development plans.
5. Should have knowledge of best practices and contemporary thinking on the operations of Municipal Councils (emphasising organisational efficiencies and excellence).
6. A leader who has inspired and created a positive culture within a workplace environment.
Appropriate allowance shall be paid to the Special Administrators.
To apply and be eligible for consideration, applicants must submit the following documents:
1. An application letter addressing the knowledge, experience, skills and abilities, as stipulated in the Job Responsibilities available on the Ministry Website https://www.mlg.gov.fj/;
2. Indicate clearly which Municipal Council you wish to serve and the reason;
3. Duly completed Conflict of Interest and Confidentiality Declaration Form; and
4. A current Resume with at least three certified references/referee contacts.
Application must be submitted by 4.00pm, Friday, 27 August 2021.
Applicants are encouraged to send their application to:
Expression of Interest: Special Administrators – Municipal Councils
Director Local Government
Ministry of Local Government
4 Gladstone Road
Football Union Building, or
P. O. Box 2131, Government Buildings, Suva.
Applications can also be emailed on: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Note: Late applications will not be accepted.
A/PERMANENT SECRETARY FOR LOCAL GOVERNMENT
CONFLICT OF INTEREST AND CONFIDENTIALITY DECLARATION form to be filled in by candidates